Longreach Maris is an Australian asset manager investing into and partnering with Australia’s wild-caught seafood industry, in a way that supports both environmental sustainability and social resilience.
Longreach Maris invests into and manages a diversified portfolio of wild caught Individual Transferrable Quota (ITQs) to provide secure domestic ownership of ITQs and ensure long term ITQ security for Australian fishers, their regional fishing communities, and wild-caught seafood businesses.
Through the deployment of ESG-aligned capital, Longreach Maris helps to drive multi layered sustainability and positive impact within Australia’s wild-caught seafood industry, aimed at:
- Supporting the next generation of Australian fishers,
- Facilitating ITQ ownership and long term ITQ security,
- Facilitating sale and lease back arrangements,
- Balance sheet refinancing,
- Debt repayment and succession planning,
- Supporting the domestic ownership of Australian ITQs.
For investors, Longreach Maris provides an ESG aware and socially responsible investment opportunity, delivering both regular income and long-term capital growth.
Investment returns are generated through the acquisition and leasing of ITQs to Australian commercial fishers and seafood companies.
Longreach Maris was established in 2020 in partnership with Longreach Alternatives and has AUD$186 million under management as at 30 June 2022.